Sunday, April 26, 2009

Still Ticking

I was playing futsal yesterday. I started as a goalie with nothing much to do other than trying to defend my goalposts from shots. Halfway through the game I moved into midfield and I started to chase the ball around, making few runs on the wings I was all over the place. My breathing and heart beat was quite okay until of all the sudden I can't catch my breath and my chest felt so congested. I was thinking to my self "what the fish is going on?", " Am I having a heart attack or something?", So I decided to pull my self out from the game. If I carry on through I'm afraid I might have a myocardial infarction or something. I never felt something like this. The feeling of dying. I'm 26 going on 27 I have never did a full medical check up. Heck! I even do not see the dentist every six month. The thing about an iceblender is, there is no medical plan of sorts, I am not insured in any way. In the moment I even thought about my late sister passing on in 2003. I wonder if it is my time? Fortunately nothing serious happened. After a few minutes of panic, I was feeling fine. I just thanked Allah for giving me a slight reminder of death.

No comments: