Friday, October 30, 2009

Brain Drain....


It has been quite a while since the last time I posted something on this 'blog'. I don't know la maybe because FB has taken over. Pictures, two cents, expressions seems to be channeled into FB for all my friends to see. I believe i blend ice for a living...... Seriously that is really a fact. I am an ice blender earning less than RM 300 a month operating blenders. There are many jobs out there but I am an Ice Blender still. Business is just like roller coaster especially when you are operating from no where. May be i need a paradigm shift to maximize the full potential of a career as an ice blender. To be honest i really love my job, it gave me the opportunity to be the assistant muazzin at Surau Al-Mustaqim.... So Every time I am free to serve the surau without any hesitation or hindrance. I believe someone has to do it. I am very privileged to be one of the seven persons to hold the key to the surau. Last week someone tried to break into the Surau's office, he failed to open the door and in result of his action the door knob was busted and had to be replaced. I am very sadden and amazed as of all places this good for nothing chose to break into the house of Allah. The incident caused a change in the policy. The surau is now locked in between prayers so sadly visitors can only pray on the veranda during that time. Before this, we only lock it at night.

No comments: