Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The line went down.....





My mom woke me up at 4.57 am today. All groggy, I don't know then what the fuss is all about. My phone alarm was set at 5.30am so her timing could not have been much' better'. Quite with a panicky tone of voice she told me a power line went down. She had told my brother Jack but he told her he don't know what to do. So carefully, I went out to check it out. Then strangely with a sense of dejavu I felt that I've been in this situation before. A few years before in Negeri Sembilan, an electric poll was inclining to the ground because of soil erosion, I took the effort to notify TNB by calling the 15454 number that is written on the poll. So with out any delay, I asked for my mom's phone because mine was out of credit. To my surprise I was not put on hold like many time before eg. when reporting a blackout they usually give you a waiting number and you get to listen to a corny song until your turn is up. A man answered, I told him what happened. An early response team arrived in 30 minutes and the line was brought up at 10am I guess. So the day was saved thanks to the........

No comments: