Friday, April 18, 2008

Quick Fix!

I want to expose something dark and sinistrous that is happening every night on a private television station. Have you ever be tempted to a call a TV station in hoping to get through the line to talk to a celebrity, answer a quiz, be the fifth caller et cetera? Well I did. But instead of getting the 'engaged' tone that we normally hear when the line is busy, my calls were transferred into a voice mail. To my surprise, the calls were actually charged for about 25 cents for each call. I was not aware of this right until I was notified that my prepaid balance was insufficient to make a call. Luckily I have only lost RM 4 of my airtime, for it could have been a lot worse. Imagine if there is a thousand viewers like me that are totally unaware of this scheme. We are talking about thousands of Ringgit worth of airtime being drained. That was just only for one night. If it is happening every night, the sum could amount to hundreds of thousand per month siphoned from unnoticing audiences. If this is a technical glitch then it should be rectified soon. If it is a profiteering ploy, then someone should put a stop on it. For the public, be careful not to be deceived.

No comments: